Best Local Food in Porto Portugal (Video Guide)
During our first evening in Porto, our Portuguese friend Sam introduced us to the best local food in Porto.
Our Portuguese friend Sam took us to a great seafood spot for a delicious dinner. We order soup, the local Bacalhau (cod fish), dessert, and plenty of wine.
When we went to pay the bill, to total was €7. We were shocked! Our friend mentioned that there are many places like this still in Porto but they are quickly disappearing with the increase of tourism in the city. Therefore, we set out on our own mission to discover these local restaurants while they still exist!
Here is our list for non-touristy food experiences in Porto:
?LOCAL SPOT: No Name and NOT listed on Google Maps. Located 2 min away from a cafe called “Epoca Porto” where we got the 2 cakes.
?COST: 6.20€ per person. We always opt for the menu of the day which includes soup + fish & side + wine (0,25l) + café + fruit or desert of the day.
Coffee and Cake
?LOCAL SPOT: Epoca Porto see Google Map
?COST: Approximately 4€ for two cakes. We tried the almond blueberry & cinnamon cardamon. They were delicious (and vegan)!
Port Wine Tasting
?TOURIST SPOT (but still good!): Burmeister.
?COST: 10€ per person for tour + 2 wines. 15€ for tour + 4 wines + chocolate. Our guide was super friendly and we found the tour and tasting to definitely be worth the 10€.
?LOCAL SPOT: Sai Cao. Local restaurant serving fish. You can have bacalhau and many other local dishes. Make sure the bacalhau has soaked long enough in the water – the server will tell you.
?COST: 28€ total for 4 people. We order soup, fish, wine, and desert. For less than 7€ each, this place is a real deal!
Inspired? Plan Your Trip to Portugal
- Portugal – Free Camping Sleeping in Your Car
- Algarve – 20 Photos that will Make You Travel to Algarve Now
- Douro Valley – The Absolute Best Breakfast in Portugal
- Sintra Portugal – The Beverly Hills of Medieval Times
HOW CAN YOU HELP TRINA & PIERRE CREATE MORE CONTENT?
Thank you so much for reading our blog! We hope the content has been useful to you. To keep our blog free and going, we use affiliate links on some links(you don’t pay more and we get a small commission: win-win!). If you love the videos or articles have been useful to you consider supporting the work by using the awesome offers from affiliates and tools we created:
- > How we take our photos: Want to learn how to take better vacation photos from scratch? Pierre teaches the fundamentals of how to train your eye and use your equipment for great photos! Take better photos, join Pierre’s online course.
- > How we edit our photos: bring your dull vacation photos to life with our Lightroom presets. Click here to transform your photos now or simply check out Pierre’s pro presets.
- > How we Save Money when we travel: Join Airbnb with this link to save $40 on your first booking. We’ve experienced some of the most memorable vacations stays through Airbnb. Think private island and apartments better than your own home!
- > How we book hotels easily: This is by far our #1 resource for finding hotels on the go (via the booking.com app) and last minute deals. The best part – most hotels offer FREE CANCELATION. Who can beat that? Click here to book your next hotel now.
- > What Camera do we use? Check Pierre’s full gear list to discover what camera he is using!
Thank you! Have an amazing day 🙂