How to Plan your own Goal Setting Staycation
Last weekend, I decided to organize my very own staycation. My mission: to sit down together with my husband and get away from all distractions (including social media) in order to look over the highlights & lessons of 2018 while setting our goals and intentions for 2019. I know. It’s quite a mouthful!
Pierre and I started the new year strong. He launched his first online course on photography while I started a new job at LinkedIn. We both had a lot going on individually so this weekend would be a great opportunity for us to come together to focus on us. We decided to take advantage of the low-season in Chicago and go on a staycation in the city
Aside from goal setting and yearly reviews, we also wanted to have a bit of fun in the city during our staycation. I let Pierre select our hotel which turned into an excellent choice. We stayed at the Dana Hotel in Chicago’s River North area. The hotel itself had a beautiful rooftop bar and full-service spa & fitness center. We ended up taking advantage of the steam room and sauna which was open to all hotel guest. This was such a pleasure especially given the frigid cold temperatures in Chicago this winter!
The fun wouldn’t be complete without some food exploration. We started off with Saturday lunch at Epic Burger as I was dying to try their plant-based burger. It was easy, quick, and a very good alternative to meat if you’re a vegetarian craving a burger! We then did a little shopping around Michigan Avenue before heading to Do-rite Donuts on our way back to the hotel. Yes, Pierre and I are obsessed with their vegan donuts. These happen to be baked NOT FRIED. Yes, anything to make us feel a little better! For dinner, we decided to try Friend’s Ramen which we passed by earlier in the day. Again, very low-key, good food with friendly service. We saved our fanciest meal for brunch at True Food Kitchen.
As we were conducting the exercise together, we decided to stay in our hotel room so that we could share openly with one another without worrying about privacy. For each topic below, we took 5-10 minutes to complete on our own before sharing with one another.
- Highlights of the Year
- Goals I/We Achieved
- Other Wins & Achievements
- Challenges During the Year
- How Can I/We Grow from Them
- Goals I/We Didn’t Achieve (How Can I/We Grow From Them)
2019 Goal Setting
For this portion, we decided to use my Fox Planner to track the progress of our goals throughout the year.
There is a section specifically designed to help you go over your TOP GOALS for the year, divided into 8 LIFE AREAS. We took some time to fill in our top 3 goals for each of the life areas which resulted in 24 total goals. After we were done filling these out, we decided to share with one another. This was such a great way to have a better understanding of what we wanted to achieve together and as individuals throughout the year.
After discussing with each other, we then filled in a section in the Clever Fox call “My Focus”. The idea is to choose 3-5 goals that will make the most impact on your life and stick to those. As much as we would love to accomplish all 24 of the goals that we carved out, chances for completion are much higher when we have clear priorities and stick to them. There is even a section in the planner which allows you to draw a mind map which is a great way to break your bigger goals into smaller, manageable steps.
How to Use the Daily Planner:
– This Week’s Main Goal – The Clever Fox planner challenges us to write down our most important goal for the week. If we were only to accomplish one thing this week, what would it be?
– This Week’s Priorities – What are the other non-negotiable / must-do items that you must accomplish this week?
– Habits / Skills – List positive habits or activities you’d like to incorporate into your day.
– Personal To-Do – List other tasks you’d like to get done this week.
– Weekly Recap – At the end of the week, reward yourself by listing your 3 biggest wins, and think about how you could do even better next week.
Save to Pinterest
HOW CAN YOU HELP TRINA & PIERRE CREATE MORE CONTENT?
Thank you so much for reading our blog! We hope the content has been useful to you. To keep our blog free and going, we use affiliate links on some links(you don’t pay more and we get a small commission: win-win!). If you love the videos or articles have been useful to you consider supporting the work by using the awesome offers from affiliates and tools we created:
- > How we take our photos: Want to learn how to take better vacation photos from scratch? Pierre teaches the fundamentals of how to train your eye and use your equipment for great photos! Take better photos, join Pierre’s online course.
- > How we edit our photos: bring your dull vacation photos to life with our Lightroom presets. Click here to transform your photos now or simply check out Pierre’s pro presets.
- > How we Save Money when we travel: Join Airbnb with this link to save $40 on your first booking. We’ve experienced some of the most memorable vacations stays through Airbnb. Think private island and apartments better than your own home!
- > How we book hotels easily: This is by far our #1 resource for finding hotels on the go (via the booking.com app) and last minute deals. The best part – most hotels offer FREE CANCELATION. Who can beat that? Click here to book your next hotel now.
- > What Camera do we use? Check Pierre’s full gear list to discover what camera he is using!
Thank you! Have an amazing day 🙂