The Absolute Best Breakfast in Portugal
On Pierre’s birthday, we were so excited to visit one of the most beautiful places in the Douro Valley. While in Porto, everyone including locals & tourists told us that we must visit the Douro Valley especially if we like Port wine.
We hopped in a car and drove east towards the valley Portugal’s wine region. 1.5 hours later, we arrived at the Six Senses Douro Valley. Before even stepping out of the car, we already understood why the region is called Portugal’s enchanted valley.
The Six Senses hotel is set in a renovated 19th century manor set on a hill overlooking vineyards.
The hotel organized a tour of the property for us, but first and most importantly, we were treated to the best breakfast of our lives! There were so many choices, and we were so very excited to try everything.
At the Chef’s Station, you can find an ample choice of made to order dishes. I opted for the Avocado Toast.
This breakfast had everything including a green juice selection and super foods bar to go inline with the Six Senses living well philosophy.
Of course the best part of the breakfast is the view which really makes this the Best Breakfast in Portugal.
After breakfast, we headed off on our tour with the Six Senses team. Below, the definition of relaxation: lounging by the pool overlooking the Douro Valley.
I couldn’t help to dip my feet in the infinity pool.
We had so much fun exploring both inside and outside of the property. Inside, you’ll find the first of Six Senses’ Alchemy bar where guest learn to make their own potions and elixirs for the home and body.
You could spend the whole day exploring the in’s and out’s of the property. I wish we could have stayed longer but we had to continue onto our journey.
A special thanks to the Six Senses Team for showing us around this incredible place.
HOW CAN YOU HELP TRINA & PIERRE CREATE MORE CONTENT?
Thank you so much for reading our blog! We hope the content has been useful to you. To keep our blog free and going, we use affiliate links on some links(you don’t pay more and we get a small commission: win-win!). If you love the videos or articles have been useful to you consider supporting the work by using the awesome offers from affiliates and tools we created:
- > How we take our photos: Want to learn how to take better vacation photos from scratch? Pierre teaches the fundamentals of how to train your eye and use your equipment for great photos! Take better photos, join Pierre’s online course.
- > How we edit our photos: bring your dull vacation photos to life with our Lightroom presets. Click here to transform your photos now or simply check out Pierre’s pro presets.
- > How we Save Money when we travel: Join Airbnb with this link to save $40 on your first booking. We’ve experienced some of the most memorable vacations stays through Airbnb. Think private island and apartments better than your own home!
- > How we book hotels easily: This is by far our #1 resource for finding hotels on the go (via the booking.com app) and last minute deals. The best part – most hotels offer FREE CANCELATION. Who can beat that? Click here to book your next hotel now.
- > What Camera do we use? Check Pierre’s full gear list to discover what camera he is using!
Thank you! Have an amazing day 🙂