Algarve in 20 photos – 20 Photos that will make you travel to Algarve Portugal
Chances are that you have heard plenty about the beauty of Portugal and its vibrant cities, but not so much about the real gem: Algarve. Here are 20 photos that will make you travel to Algarve Portugal.
We never expected to discover such beautiful landscapes in Portugal. We already LOVED Porto & Lisbon but Algarve surprised us in many ways. Here is Algarve through our eyes as we share 20 of our favorite pictures that I took during our trip down to the south of Portugal.
First, getting there.
We drove down from Lisbon to Sagres which took about 4 hours on the highway. The moment we got onto the smaller road of Algarve, the ride became an attraction in itself.
Algarve has a blooming natural reserve where we recommend that you stay. Most tourists go east of Lagos towards all the high-end resorts, but if you’re reading this, you’re better than concrete high buildings built for mass tourism 😉
The landscape between Carrapateira and Sagres is very diverse: cliffs, green pine plantations, desert sand dunes, amazing beaches. You have it all!
We came here for two reasons: surf in Algarve (for Pierre) and a Yoga retreat (for Trina).
I (Pierre) ended up camping in the car, living my (micro) van life in Portugal for a week. I ended up enjoying amazing sunsets, nightscapes, and sunrises. The perfect time for photography 🙂
We hope this will inspire you to go to Algarve for maybe 12 days or 12 months 😉
Make sure to stay in the small local villages during your time over there! Join the Youtube channel (click here) and discover how I (Pierre) spent a week sleeping in his car (amazing footages of the area guaranteed)!
More awesome videos: Our Porto food tour guide, The Beverly Hills of Portugal & A glimpse of Lisbon. If you’re lazy just watch the Travel Portugal Playlist with all the videos lined up perfectly for you 🙂
Four more for the road from Instagram
What’s your sacred place to get away from it all? After completing 2 months of traveling first on a sailboat and then in a car for a road trip to Portugal, Pierre and I needed a little R&R. Our chosen destination was Algarve in Portugal, in the very west coast away from all the resorts. Simply beautiful. #algarveportugal #algarve #portugalyoga #yogaportugal
HOW CAN YOU HELP TRINA & PIERRE CREATE MORE CONTENT?
Thank you so much for reading our blog! We hope the content has been useful to you. To keep our blog free and going, we use affiliate links on some links(you don’t pay more and we get a small commission: win-win!). If you love the videos or articles have been useful to you consider supporting the work by using the awesome offers from affiliates and tools we created:
- > How we take our photos: Want to learn how to take better vacation photos from scratch? Pierre teaches the fundamentals of how to train your eye and use your equipment for great photos! Take better photos, join Pierre’s online course.
- > How we edit our photos: bring your dull vacation photos to life with our Lightroom presets. Click here to transform your photos now or simply check out Pierre’s pro presets.
- > How we Save Money when we travel: Join Airbnb with this link to save $40 on your first booking. We’ve experienced some of the most memorable vacations stays through Airbnb. Think private island and apartments better than your own home!
- > How we book hotels easily: This is by far our #1 resource for finding hotels on the go (via the booking.com app) and last minute deals. The best part – most hotels offer FREE CANCELATION. Who can beat that? Click here to book your next hotel now.
- > What Camera do we use? Check Pierre’s full gear list to discover what camera he is using!
Thank you! Have an amazing day 🙂