We’re Trina & Pierre. American girl meets French guy in Nigeria. Flash forward 6 years later, and we’ve call Lagos, Istanbul, Paris, and New York City our home. We were meant to settle down in the States but somewhere along the line we got caught up in this wonderful idea that we could live anywhere in the world. That we could do what we love, find passion, and secure our futures all at the same time. I can’t tell you if this dream will become a reality, but we are sure as hell going to try. To all you dreamers out there, we’re ready to dream with you and make some great things happen along the way.
We have always loved the notion of traveling to various parts of the world whenever we had the opportunity. However, backpacking across the globe was no longer appealing to either of us at this stage in our life. We came across the notion that we could instead live in various parts of the world for short periods of time while traveling, working, and pursuing a common project before starting a family. Hence, Project 12×12 was born. Starting September 2017, we will leave our current base of NYC to live in 12 countries during the next 12 months.
Deciding to Leave
After telling people that we were going to leave NYC (and quit my job), people often ask how we decided to make the change. I would like to say that traveling around the world has always been my dream. It was certainly a dream of Pierre’s but the fact is that we were well ready to settle in the NYC for a few years. If I could some it up for you, this is the series of events and notions that led us to take this journey.
Click here to read more about our journey to Project 12×12
HOW CAN YOU HELP TRINA & PIERRE CREATE MORE CONTENT?
Thank you so much for reading our blog! We hope the content has been useful to you. To keep our blog free and going, we use affiliate links on some links(you don’t pay more and we get a small commission: win-win!). If you love the videos or articles have been useful to you consider supporting the work by using the awesome offers from affiliates and tools we created:
- > How we take our photos: Want to learn how to take better vacation photos from scratch? Pierre teaches the fundamentals of how to train your eye and use your equipment for great photos! Take better photos, join Pierre’s online course.
- > How we edit our photos: bring your dull vacation photos to life with our Lightroom presets. Click here to transform your photos now or simply check out Pierre’s pro presets.
- > How we Save Money when we travel: Join Airbnb with this link to save $40 on your first booking. We’ve experienced some of the most memorable vacations stays through Airbnb. Think private island and apartments better than your own home!
- > How we book hotels easily: This is by far our #1 resource for finding hotels on the go (via the booking.com app) and last minute deals. The best part – most hotels offer FREE CANCELATION. Who can beat that? Click here to book your next hotel now.
- > What Camera do we use? Check Pierre’s full gear list to discover what camera he is using!
Thank you! Have an amazing day 🙂