Week #2 – Sailing the Greek Islands Itinerary
If you have ever been sailing, you know that it’s no exaggeration to say that one goes where the wind takes you. Pierre’s uncle hates to motor sail so we will spend the next few days around the island of Samos before the winds pick up again and take us to the west, just north of the Cyclades.
- Arrival in Samos – we took a very short (40 min) flight from Athens to Samos
- Samos. We’re currently in Pythagoras to pick up provisions and recharge on electricity and water. We spent the last night in a more quiet area of the island called Posidonio.
Next destination (Ideally Green Stars)
- Sail down south to Lipsi & Patmos
- Head west to Mikonos in order to dock and take a ferry to see the ruins in Delos
- Sail up past Siros on the way to Andros
- Ferry back to Athens for 2/3 days
Contemplating Destination (Purple Stars)
- Many Greeks have recommended Paros.
- Santorini is definitely a tourist destination but a must see according to Greeks & visitors alike
HOW CAN YOU HELP TRINA & PIERRE CREATE MORE CONTENT?
Thank you so much for reading our blog! We hope the content has been useful to you. To keep our blog free and going, we use affiliate links on some links(you don’t pay more and we get a small commission: win-win!). If you love the videos or articles have been useful to you consider supporting the work by using the awesome offers from affiliates and tools we created:
- > How we take our photos: Want to learn how to take better vacation photos from scratch? Pierre teaches the fundamentals of how to train your eye and use your equipment for great photos! Take better photos, join Pierre’s online course.
- > How we edit our photos: bring your dull vacation photos to life with our Lightroom presets. Click here to transform your photos now or simply check out Pierre’s pro presets.
- > How we Save Money when we travel: Join Airbnb with this link to save $40 on your first booking. We’ve experienced some of the most memorable vacations stays through Airbnb. Think private island and apartments better than your own home!
- > How we book hotels easily: This is by far our #1 resource for finding hotels on the go (via the booking.com app) and last minute deals. The best part – most hotels offer FREE CANCELATION. Who can beat that? Click here to book your next hotel now.
- > What Camera do we use? Check Pierre’s full gear list to discover what camera he is using!
Thank you! Have an amazing day 🙂