Week #2 – Sailing the Greek Islands Itinerary
If you have ever been sailing, you know that it’s no exaggeration to say that one goes where the wind takes you. Pierre’s uncle hates to motor sail so we will spend the next few days around the island of Samos before the winds pick up again and take us to the west, just north of the Cyclades.
- Arrival in Samos – we took a very short (40 min) flight from Athens to Samos
- Samos. We’re currently in Pythagoras to pick up provisions and recharge on electricity and water. We spent the last night in a more quiet area of the island called Posidonio.
Next destination (Ideally Green Stars)
- Sail down south to Lipsi & Patmos
- Head west to Mikonos in order to dock and take a ferry to see the ruins in Delos
- Sail up past Siros on the way to Andros
- Ferry back to Athens for 2/3 days
Contemplating Destination (Purple Stars)
- Many Greeks have recommended Paros.
- Santorini is definitely a tourist destination but a must see according to Greeks & visitors alike