Getting Off the Beaten Path – SUP in the Douro Valley
Truth be told, we had not heard about the Douro Valley before coming to Portugal.
But we definitely heard about Port Wine. After spending a few days in Porto and visiting a local wine cellar, we were convinced that we needed to take a day trip out to visit Portugal’s so-called enchanted valley.
After spending most of the day at the Six Senses Douro Valley and enjoying the absolute best breakfast in Portugal, we stopped along the river around halfway between the Douro Valley & Porto to meet Pedro, our guide from Enjoy Douro.
I had organized a SUP tour for Pierre’s birthday. I thought it would be wonderful to explore the river on our own while paddling through the water. Pedro took us out to a remote spot with his boat and let us paddle back to meet him.
It was at this point that the experience went beyond our expectations. We were completely surrounded by nature. The scene around us with lush trees surrounding the river reminded us of being in Borneo or the Amazon.
It’s difficult to describe in words but Pierre’s drone footage in the video below captures it perfectly!
Happy watching 🙂
HOW CAN YOU HELP TRINA & PIERRE CREATE MORE CONTENT?
Thank you so much for reading our blog! We hope the content has been useful to you. To keep our blog free and going, we use affiliate links on some links(you don’t pay more and we get a small commission: win-win!). If you love the videos or articles have been useful to you consider supporting the work by using the awesome offers from affiliates and tools we created:
- > How we take our photos: Want to learn how to take better vacation photos from scratch? Pierre teaches the fundamentals of how to train your eye and use your equipment for great photos! Take better photos, join Pierre’s online course.
- > How we edit our photos: bring your dull vacation photos to life with our Lightroom presets. Click here to transform your photos now or simply check out Pierre’s pro presets.
- > How we Save Money when we travel: Join Airbnb with this link to save $40 on your first booking. We’ve experienced some of the most memorable vacations stays through Airbnb. Think private island and apartments better than your own home!
- > How we book hotels easily: This is by far our #1 resource for finding hotels on the go (via the booking.com app) and last minute deals. The best part – most hotels offer FREE CANCELATION. Who can beat that? Click here to book your next hotel now.
- > What Camera do we use? Check Pierre’s full gear list to discover what camera he is using!
Thank you! Have an amazing day 🙂