Change of Taste – Dinner at the House of Sathorn, W Bangkok
To celebrate our last night in Bangkok, we headed over to the W Bangkok for a culinary treat at one of Asia’s Top 50 Restaurants: the Dining Room at the House of Sathorn. As delicious as Thai food may be, we were very much looking forward to a change of taste after spending 2 months in Thailand.
Our evening started with a stroll in the open-air garden. We couldn’t help but admire the contract between the historical setting and the infamous MahaNakhon building representing Bangkok’s modernity in the background. We later found out that the House on Sathorn also housed Thailand’s first Russian Embassy!
Just next to the Dining Room is one of the most beautiful bars that I have ever seen! Again, there is a stark contrast between the Thai heritage and modernity.
When it come time for dinner, we selected our seat right at the bar. This is the place to sit if you want to see all the action happen. We loved watching the chef and his team finalize plates before serving them to guests.
We were treated to the “Trip” menu which is the Chef’s vegetarian menu.
Our meal started off with a few Mezzes:
We couldn’t get enough of the freshly baked bread!
The tasting menu continued with dishes from Chef Tutak’s childhood. The tomato dish was my favorite. I was very surprised by the consistency of the goat cheese ice. I was pleasantly surprised by the goat cheese ice as it provided a very cool and refreshing sensation when mixed with the fresh tomato.
HOW CAN YOU HELP TRINA & PIERRE CREATE MORE CONTENT?
Thank you so much for reading our blog! We hope the content has been useful to you. To keep our blog free and going, we use affiliate links on some links(you don’t pay more and we get a small commission: win-win!). If you love the videos or articles have been useful to you consider supporting the work by using the awesome offers from affiliates and tools we created:
- > How we take our photos: Want to learn how to take better vacation photos from scratch? Pierre teaches the fundamentals of how to train your eye and use your equipment for great photos! Take better photos, join Pierre’s online course.
- > How we edit our photos: bring your dull vacation photos to life with our Lightroom presets. Click here to transform your photos now or simply check out Pierre’s pro presets.
- > How we Save Money when we travel: Join Airbnb with this link to save $40 on your first booking. We’ve experienced some of the most memorable vacations stays through Airbnb. Think private island and apartments better than your own home!
- > How we book hotels easily: This is by far our #1 resource for finding hotels on the go (via the booking.com app) and last minute deals. The best part – most hotels offer FREE CANCELATION. Who can beat that? Click here to book your next hotel now.
- > What Camera do we use? Check Pierre’s full gear list to discover what camera he is using!
Thank you! Have an amazing day 🙂