Bangkok Budget Guide: Save VS. Splurge
This is your budget guide to saving vs. splurging in Bangkok.
As affordable as the city can be, we were also surprised to see how easily costs can add up. Below is our spending guide whether you’re on a tight budget or the sky’s the limit.
Spend an evening in Chinatown. First head towards Wat Mangkorn Kamalawat – one of Bangkok’s best free temples. Cost: Free. Then head over to Yaowarat Road to taste the many foods from street vendors. Cost: 200 Baht Total Food Samples. If you’re looking to get away from it all, head over to Lumphini Park for a daytime stroll. Cost: Free.
One of the most expensive cultural activities to do in Bangkok is to visit the Grand Palace. This should not be missed if only to appreciate the beauty that went into constructing the home of Thailand’s royalty. Cost: 500 Baht
Look no further than Bangkok’s street for some delicious and wallet friendly eats. Cost: 40 Baht for Pad Thai or Noodle Soup. We also recommend checking out some of the smaller / quick bite restaurants for a delicious treat. One of our favorite: Som Tom Jay So. Cost: 60 Baht for a plate of papaya salad.
Click here to watch our YouTube Video on the Som Tom that Mark Wien’s Made Famous!
For fine Thai cusine head on over to Dusit Thani’s restaurant Benjarong. The lunch menu here will set you back 900 Baht. If you’re in the mood for something different, try fine Turkish cuisine at the House on Sathorn at the W Bangkok. Dinner menus start at 2200 Baht, but remember, you’ll be dining at one of Asia’s 50 Best!
Head on over to one of Bangkok’s many markets. For a local experience where vendors won’t try to ripe you off (all prices marked) head on over to Chatuchak Green Market on the weekends; this is where young Bangkok hangs out. Other fashionable markets with reasonable prices include Platinum Market and Pratunum Market – across the street outdoors.
Click here to see our YouTube video on Chatuchak Green Market.
You won’t have to look very far to find luxury shopping in Bangkok. Start at Siam Paragon, EM Quartier, or Emporium. Tip – if you can’t afford the luxe shops here, head straight to the food courts where you’ll find a wealth of options that won’t break the bank.
Bangkok has many options when it comes to sleeping on a budget. One of these options located Silom is i-Sanook Hostel with beds for $15 a night.
Bangkok is known for having some of the most luxurious hotels in the world. Some great options for going a little above and beyond are the W Bangkok. If you’re looking to go all out, our recommendation would be The Siam Hotel which comes with your own personal butler.
Click here to read our full review of The Siam Hotel.
Save this post to Pinterest!
HOW CAN YOU HELP TRINA & PIERRE CREATE MORE CONTENT?
Thank you so much for reading our blog! We hope the content has been useful to you. To keep our blog free and going, we use affiliate links on some links(you don’t pay more and we get a small commission: win-win!). If you love the videos or articles have been useful to you consider supporting the work by using the awesome offers from affiliates and tools we created:
- > How we take our photos: Want to learn how to take better vacation photos from scratch? Pierre teaches the fundamentals of how to train your eye and use your equipment for great photos! Take better photos, join Pierre’s online course.
- > How we edit our photos: bring your dull vacation photos to life with our Lightroom presets. Click here to transform your photos now or simply check out Pierre’s pro presets.
- > How we Save Money when we travel: Join Airbnb with this link to save $40 on your first booking. We’ve experienced some of the most memorable vacations stays through Airbnb. Think private island and apartments better than your own home!
- > How we book hotels easily: This is by far our #1 resource for finding hotels on the go (via the booking.com app) and last minute deals. The best part – most hotels offer FREE CANCELATION. Who can beat that? Click here to book your next hotel now.
- > What Camera do we use? Check Pierre’s full gear list to discover what camera he is using!
Thank you! Have an amazing day 🙂