Week #37 – How do you make travel meaningful?
As you may have realize, we travel a lot. Full-time. Almost everyday. On the road. Traveling. This also allows us to meet many people from around the world. On one such occasion in the Philippines, a fellow traveler happened to ask me a question that no one else has ever asked me. How do you make travel meaningful?
I went on to explain that meaningful travel can be different for each of us, depending on what was important to our lives and depending on what our overall objective is. For example, some people have the goal of traveling to 30 countries by the time they reach 30. Continuing on their way to achieve this can be plenty meaningful to them. After I had given my explanation of this to him, he politely thanked me but pointed out that I hadn’t really answered the question. He wanted to know, how do I, TRINA, make travel meaningful?
We’ve been to some of the most beautiful places in the world – cities, mountains, beaches, islands. Discovering new places certainly makes travel meaningful to me however after the 10th beautiful beach, my soul starts to crave for something else. Looking back to all the beautiful places that we have visited, I find the most meaning, gratitude, and awakening when I am able to leave a place with a greater understanding not only of the physical nature that makes up a particular location but with a greater understanding of the people who inhabit the place.
What it all comes down to is PEOPLE.
It’s the locals that you meet along your journey that bring a smile to your face when you start to miss home. It’s the fellow travelers that you meet on the road who inspire you to keep chasing your own dreams while they continue to chase their own. It’s the fellow travelers you meet on Instagram who are also trying to build something of their own. It’s the friends who journey out to meet you during your year adventure, and the memories you create together that will last a lifetime.
This is my meaningful travel. As I said, it’s different for everyone. So let me ask you, how do you make travel meaningful?
HOW CAN YOU HELP TRINA & PIERRE CREATE MORE CONTENT?
Thank you so much for reading our blog! We hope the content has been useful to you. To keep our blog free and going, we use affiliate links on some links(you don’t pay more and we get a small commission: win-win!). If you love the videos or articles have been useful to you consider supporting the work by using the awesome offers from affiliates and tools we created:
- > How we take our photos: Want to learn how to take better vacation photos from scratch? Pierre teaches the fundamentals of how to train your eye and use your equipment for great photos! Take better photos, join Pierre’s online course.
- > How we edit our photos: bring your dull vacation photos to life with our Lightroom presets. Click here to transform your photos now or simply check out Pierre’s pro presets.
- > How we Save Money when we travel: Join Airbnb with this link to save $40 on your first booking. We’ve experienced some of the most memorable vacations stays through Airbnb. Think private island and apartments better than your own home!
- > How we book hotels easily: This is by far our #1 resource for finding hotels on the go (via the booking.com app) and last minute deals. The best part – most hotels offer FREE CANCELATION. Who can beat that? Click here to book your next hotel now.
- > What Camera do we use? Check Pierre’s full gear list to discover what camera he is using!
Thank you! Have an amazing day 🙂