Taiwan: the Perfect Day in Photos
This is our 10-step photo guide on how to spend the perfect day in Taiwan – outside of Taipei.
I’m Trina and this is Pierre. We left our lives behind in NYC to slowly travel around the world for a year. It’s been 3 months and we’re visiting our 3rd country, Taiwan. We chose to base ourselves in a small town on the East Coast called Dulan – know for it’s natural surroundings. Let’s get started!
GO TO THE BEACH
Grab a friend, grab your gear, and head on over to the nearest beach – preferably on a scooter. The East Coast of Taiwan has some of the most beautiful black sand beaches in this world. This makes a great spot for catching waves and starting off your day with the perfect backdrop. There’s something magical about being surrounded by both sea and mountains.
GRAB SOME FOOD
The morning wouldn’t be complete without grabbing breakfast at your favourite local spot. Our spot was run by an elderly lady and her husband. We recommend the traditional taiwanese pancake or sticky rices wrapped in bamboo leaves which will give you plenty of energy for the day.
HEAD TOWARDS THE MOUNTAINS
You can either go hiking OR if you’re a little more adventurous, trace a river upstreams. The cool water is so refreshing especially during a hot sunny day. You can also take this opportunity to get a great workout for the legs.
HIT THE WAVES
This time organize a friendly windsurf session with guys from around the world. *Warning – this is not for beginners.
QUENCH YOUR THRIST
Find a strong friend to help you collect coconuts from a tree. If you can’t find a machete to open the coconuts, resort to a hammer. After your hard work, enjoy a refreshing sip of coconut water direct from the source.
HITCH A RIDE
Taiwan is one of the safest places in the world where you can hitch hike. This is one of the friendliest places that we have visited and the locals are so kind. Someone will be happy to pick you up and take you to the next destination. Make your own sign. If you don’t have the supplies, just simply stick your thumb out.
DINE IN A HIDDEN RESTAURANT
Go to one of the best restaurants in the city of Taidung. You’ll need to enter through a temple supply shop on the ground floor but don’t let that throw you off. This place has some of the best food we’ve tasted in the country.
SATISFY YOUR SWEET TOOTH
Run to the local mochi shop before it closes to grab something sweet before heading back to your hostel.
Taiwan has so much to offer outside of Taipei. Beyond it’s natural beauty, the people are so kind and welcoming. If you’ve been to Taiwan or live here, we would love to hear how you spend your perfect day in the comments.
WATCH MORE TAIWAN TIPS AND ADVENTURE ON OUR YOUTUBE PLAYLIST HERE
Make sure to give us a thumbs up if you like our video and subscribe to follow our 12 countries in 12 months adventure around the world.
Save this Article to Pinterest
HOW CAN YOU HELP TRINA & PIERRE CREATE MORE CONTENT?
Thank you so much for reading our blog! We hope the content has been useful to you. To keep our blog free and going, we use affiliate links on some links(you don’t pay more and we get a small commission: win-win!). If you love the videos or articles have been useful to you consider supporting the work by using the awesome offers from affiliates and tools we created:
- > How we take our photos: Want to learn how to take better vacation photos from scratch? Pierre teaches the fundamentals of how to train your eye and use your equipment for great photos! Take better photos, join Pierre’s online course.
- > How we edit our photos: bring your dull vacation photos to life with our Lightroom presets. Click here to transform your photos now or simply check out Pierre’s pro presets.
- > How we Save Money when we travel: Join Airbnb with this link to save $40 on your first booking. We’ve experienced some of the most memorable vacations stays through Airbnb. Think private island and apartments better than your own home!
- > How we book hotels easily: This is by far our #1 resource for finding hotels on the go (via the booking.com app) and last minute deals. The best part – most hotels offer FREE CANCELATION. Who can beat that? Click here to book your next hotel now.
- > What Camera do we use? Check Pierre’s full gear list to discover what camera he is using!
Thank you! Have an amazing day 🙂