Week #29 – Yoga in Lombok
If you’re looking for an affordable yoga retreat in Bali, you might want to consider doing yoga in Lombok instead. Let me tell you why!
While living in NYC, I would routinely practice yoga at least 3-4 times a week. I would love to tell you that I have kept this routine during our world tour but sadly this is not the case. Coming to Ubud, Bali was my chance to redeem myself. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to do a short 3-4 day retreat or at the very least find a studio with drop-in classes. Due to time constraints, I was only able to attend drop-in classes at two studios: Radiantly Alive & the Yoga Barn. I lucked out at Radiantly Alive where my class only had 7 students, but my class at the Yoga Barn had around 60 students! This felt more like mid-town NYC then what I envisioned Bali to be like. One-time drop in class will cost 130,000 IDR ($10 USD) at both studios.
As soon as I knew we would travel to Lombok, I started to research the potential to do yoga for a few days. Mana Retreat Lombok in Kuta was one of the first places that popped up on my radar. Their website looked absolutely amazing to me with a drone shot of their pool. Bonus, they also have a movie screening every night which is free for Mana guests. They had great reviews online (see here) so I was determined to stay here.
Despite having retreat in its name, Mana doesn’t actually offer retreats. It does however offer at least 3 yoga classes per day. Drop in rates are cheaper than in Bali at 100,000 IDR ($7.20 USD) per class but the real bargain is if you get a weekly class. I paid 500,000 IDR ($46 USD) for an unlimited weekly pass. I therefore decided to conduct my own DIY yoga retreat. I went to two yoga classes everyday. In between the classes I would swim, meditate, eat, and work online. In the evenings, I would catch the movie screening or meet some new friends who were also staying at Mana. Occasionally I would go for an evening swim while watching the stars.
A double room will cost you $65 USD per night but there is a budget option! I stayed in the Luxurious Community Dorm for 300,00 IDR ($22 USD) per night. To me this was a really great value because it truly was one of the best dorms I stayed in. The dorm room is huge and spacious with 8 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I never had a problem waiting for the bathroom here! Staying in the dorm was also a great opportunity for me to meet some new people who were also traveling alone. For 6N/7D accommodation + weekly yoga pass, I spent 2,800,000 IDR ($165 USD). Including food (really good food), I spent less than $200 that week!
Overall, I would highly recommend taking a look at yoga in Lombok at Mana Retreat if you’re looking for the ultimate DIY Yoga Retreat!
How to get to Kuta Lombok:
HOW CAN YOU HELP TRINA & PIERRE CREATE MORE CONTENT?
Thank you so much for reading our blog! We hope the content has been useful to you. To keep our blog free and going, we use affiliate links on some links(you don’t pay more and we get a small commission: win-win!). If you love the videos or articles have been useful to you consider supporting the work by using the awesome offers from affiliates and tools we created:
- > How we take our photos: Want to learn how to take better vacation photos from scratch? Pierre teaches the fundamentals of how to train your eye and use your equipment for great photos! Take better photos, join Pierre’s online course.
- > How we edit our photos: bring your dull vacation photos to life with our Lightroom presets. Click here to transform your photos now or simply check out Pierre’s pro presets.
- > How we Save Money when we travel: Join Airbnb with this link to save $40 on your first booking. We’ve experienced some of the most memorable vacations stays through Airbnb. Think private island and apartments better than your own home!
- > How we book hotels easily: This is by far our #1 resource for finding hotels on the go (via the booking.com app) and last minute deals. The best part – most hotels offer FREE CANCELATION. Who can beat that? Click here to book your next hotel now.
- > What Camera do we use? Check Pierre’s full gear list to discover what camera he is using!
Thank you! Have an amazing day 🙂