Islas de Gigantes – How to Get There?
Islas de Gigantes or the Gigantes Islands is one of the most beautiful destinations in the Philippines. If you’re planning a trip to the Philippines and haven’t considered going to the Gigantes Islands, then you should highly reconsider.
READ OUR FULL GUIDE AND REVIEW ON THE ISLAS DE GIGANTES HERE.
WATCH OUR COMPLETE GIGANTES ISLAND TOUR ON YOUTUBE HERE.
Getting to Islas de Gigantes is much easier than most people think, especially if you plan to travel from Bantayan Island. This is our first hand experience of getting from Santa Fe on Bantayan Island to Gigantes.
FROM SANTA FE, GET TO BANTAYAN PORT.
Grab a tricycle and head to Bantayan Port on the west side of the island (PHP 50 per person). Note* Not to be confused with Santa Fe Port!
At Bantayan Port, grab a ticket for the pump boat going to Estancia at 9AM thrice a week: Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. Double check this information once on Bantayan Island as schedules can often change in the Philippines. (PHP 300 per person).
Taking a small cargo boat to get to the pump boat which will take us to Estancia.
Traveling with the locals to Estancia Port.
Blending in with the locals while trying to hide from the sun.
FROM ESTANCIA, TAKE THE PUMPBOAT TO GIGANTES NORTE.
The boat usually leaves at 1pm so depending on the time you arrive in Estancia, you may need to stay in Estancia for an extra day. If you do end up here, we recommend checking out our Estancia Guide here. (PHP 80)
Arrival at the Port of Estancia.
Can you spot me? We took the first boat out after a TYPHOON which stranded us for 5 days. Normally, the boat isn’t this crowded.
Spotted – Gigantes de Norte.
If you booked a stay at one of the local resorts, a guide will be waiting for you on the beach. We stayed with Gigantes Hideaway Resort. Our guide, Jeoff, was greeted us as soon as we landed.
We definitely recommend booking your stay at Gigantes with Hideaway Resort. They offer a great 3 days / 2 nights package which takes care of you food, housing, and Gigantes Island hoping. A special thanks to Joel & Neal for inviting us to stay at their lovely resort!
Click here to read our full Gigantes Guide here.
HOW CAN YOU HELP TRINA & PIERRE CREATE MORE CONTENT?
Thank you so much for reading our blog! We hope the content has been useful to you. To keep our blog free and going, we use affiliate links on some links(you don’t pay more and we get a small commission: win-win!). If you love the videos or articles have been useful to you consider supporting the work by using the awesome offers from affiliates and tools we created:
- > How we take our photos: Want to learn how to take better vacation photos from scratch? Pierre teaches the fundamentals of how to train your eye and use your equipment for great photos! Take better photos, join Pierre’s online course.
- > How we edit our photos: bring your dull vacation photos to life with our Lightroom presets. Click here to transform your photos now or simply check out Pierre’s pro presets.
- > How we Save Money when we travel: Join Airbnb with this link to save $40 on your first booking. We’ve experienced some of the most memorable vacations stays through Airbnb. Think private island and apartments better than your own home!
- > How we book hotels easily: This is by far our #1 resource for finding hotels on the go (via the booking.com app) and last minute deals. The best part – most hotels offer FREE CANCELATION. Who can beat that? Click here to book your next hotel now.
- > What Camera do we use? Check Pierre’s full gear list to discover what camera he is using!
Thank you! Have an amazing day 🙂