Bantayan Island – 3 “Must Do” Things to Do
If you’ve decided to go to Bantayan Island and are wondering what to do once you’re there, here is our list of 3 “must-do” things to do.
If you still need convincing or more reasons to visit Bantayan Island while in Cebu, see our blog post on Bantayan Island – Why Go & How to Get There.
Now that you’ve decided to go, here is our list of the top 3 things to do on Bantayan Island!
#1 – Rent a scooter.
- Sante Fe is a great place to base yourself but it would be a complete shame if you came to Bantayan and didn’t explore the rest of the island. Scooters are relatively cheap to rent (250-300 php per day) and roads are well paved. You really have no excuse.
#2 – Play with the Local Children
The children in Bantayan were some of the most friendly that we meet in the Philippines. Sure, there were instances were children would come up to us and ask for money or try to sell seashell necklaces. For the most part, children just wanted to play with you – ask your name and where you are from. Don’t hesitate to strike a conversation with kids as this could be one of your most liveliest conversations while in the Philippines. When we first arrived, it was the local children who taught me kid phrases in Visayas.
#3 – Indulge in the many different food options available.
Bantayan Island has something for everyone – seafood lovers, meat lovers, vegetarians, and even vegans. On the main road, you’ll find plenty of good options to choose from. Our favorites included HR Native Restaurant, Bantayan Burrito Company, freshly grilled seafood next to CouCou’s (you can’t miss the stall & grill station), and Giordano’s French Bakery where you can grab a freshly baked croissant or pain au chocolate in the mornings.
Recommended viewing: The Best Day Ever in the Philippines
HOW CAN YOU HELP TRINA & PIERRE CREATE MORE CONTENT?
Thank you so much for reading our blog! We hope the content has been useful to you. To keep our blog free and going, we use affiliate links on some links(you don’t pay more and we get a small commission: win-win!). If you love the videos or articles have been useful to you consider supporting the work by using the awesome offers from affiliates and tools we created:
- > How we take our photos: Want to learn how to take better vacation photos from scratch? Pierre teaches the fundamentals of how to train your eye and use your equipment for great photos! Take better photos, join Pierre’s online course.
- > How we edit our photos: bring your dull vacation photos to life with our Lightroom presets. Click here to transform your photos now or simply check out Pierre’s pro presets.
- > How we Save Money when we travel: Join Airbnb with this link to save $40 on your first booking. We’ve experienced some of the most memorable vacations stays through Airbnb. Think private island and apartments better than your own home!
- > How we book hotels easily: This is by far our #1 resource for finding hotels on the go (via the booking.com app) and last minute deals. The best part – most hotels offer FREE CANCELATION. Who can beat that? Click here to book your next hotel now.
- > What Camera do we use? Check Pierre’s full gear list to discover what camera he is using!
Thank you! Have an amazing day 🙂